Liposuction also known as Lipoplasty is a cosmetic procedure used to remove unwanted fat from specific areas of the body. This procedure reshapes the body’s silhouette. It is not an alternative to weight loss. Our doctors are specialists in the latest techniques including Ultrasonic Assisted Liposuctioning (UAL).
Good Candidates For Liposuction
- You have localized fat unresponsive to diet and exercise.
- You are of normal weight.
- You are in good physical and emotional health.
- You have firm, elastic skin.
- You have realistic expectations.
Your Liposuction Consultation
During your initial consultation, you will meet with the aesthetic surgeon and staff. Your previous surgeries, your medical history, medications you are presently taking, and your overall physical and emotional health will be reviewed. Your skin quality will also be evaluated. Photographs may be taken for your medical record. Your surgeon will determine what you benefit from most and whether or not additional procedures will be necessary for you to achieve your desired results. Recovery time, risks and limitations associated with surgery will be also be discussed. The doctor's patient coordinator will review surgical costs and scheduling with you.
- Liposuction is an outpatient procedure.
- Your surgeon may suggest intravenous sedation for anesthesia.
- There are various techniques for liposuction. Your surgeon will recommend which is best for you.
- Suction-assisted liposuction is the traditional method. A cannula is inserted through a small incision made through the skin. Fat is removed by vacuum pressure.
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction (UAL) is a liposuction technique which uses ultrasound waves to break up and liquefy fat cells. The fat is then suctioned out.
- UAL is used where denser fat is present, or when larger volumes are removed.